We’re on the hunt for a suitable candidate to fill the senior vacancy of House Care Manager, here at The Relaxation Centre. Please see below for a job description and how to apply:
Responsible To: The Director
Hours: 16 hours a week
Days/Hours of Work: 9:00am – 1:00pm, 4 days a week
Salary: £22,600 pro rata
- Ensure that the cleanliness and the aesthetic presentation of the building is kept and maintained to a high standard
- To manage the health and safety systems of the building along with the maintenance team and the Spa Manager and Duty Managers
- To work with maintenance technicians to ensure that all maintenance works are attended to in order of importance
- To recruit, train and manage a team of house and spa cleaners and house care assistants
- To be an active member of the management team and participate in team meetings
- To take an active role in refurbishments, attending to the practicalities of getting the work done, minimising interference with the operation of the Centre.
- Respond to daily house care requests as quickly and effectively as possible
- Ensure the house is well stocked with orders and supplies
1) General house management:
- Carry out daily (Monday – Friday) checks of the house to monitor standards of cleanliness, hygiene, overall presentation, and repairs required
- Meet weekly with the House Care Assistant to set tasks for the week/month ahead
- Check in daily with maintenance technicians to plan, liaise on works and agree monthly repairs list
- Order stocks and supplies to ensure the house and spa are fully stocked
- Maintain and develop household systems for storage organisation and easy access
- Manage the laundry
- Meet regularly with the gardener to discuss the garden and to allocate work to be attended to
- Supervise watering, feeding and maintenance of all house plants
- Ensure that the cleanliness and hygiene of the house are maintained to a high standard
- Recruit, train and supervise all the cleaners.
- Organise regular cleaners’ meetings.
- Liaise with external cleaning contractors.
- Organise two annual deep cleans of house and spa.
- Develop, write and review cleaning schedules, recruitment material and rotas.
3) Health and safety
- Develop and maintain written records for Health and safety checks. Organise and monitor appropriate training for staff and practitioners when required.
- Manage weekly health and safety meetings; set agendas, distribute tasks, record meetings and actions taken
- Conduct daily/weekly/monthly/annual health and safety checks. Record checks.
- Monitor health and safety checks carried out and recorded by maintenance.
- Organise annual inspections of fire alarm systems, fire extinguishers, emergency lighting and gas safety checks.
- Manage weekly fire alarm testing with maintenance technician.
- Complete annual COSHH reports.
- Check that correct Health and safety information is displayed in-house.
4) Sourcing, supplies and goods
- Carry out weekly checks of all supplies to the house.
- Manage the purchasing of goods and supplies (food, beverages, cleaning materials, supplies for practitioners, reception, office and other miscellaneous goods).
- Regularly conduct a price check on suppliers to check that we are getting the most competitive prices on products.
- Source and purchase soft furnishings, domestic appliances and other equipment.
- Develop and maintain written records of suppliers and stockists.
- Maintain stocks and supplies in all storage areas and the attic.
- Daily check of stock numbers.
- Monthly meetings to be made with laundry supplier to discuss quality of service, work through any problems and to do laundry count to keep eye on stock levels.
- Assess damaged laundry, fill in appropriate paper work and send to laundry.
- Input data from delivery notes.
- Regularly monitor and assess laundry usage, adjust accordingly. Report any lost or damaged supplies.
- Respond to staff and practitioner’s feedback to laundry service.
- Formulate action plan for our busiest time: February and March (Valentines & Mother’s Day)
6) In-House Events
- Organise the decor of the house
- Organise, cost and manage purchases relating to the practicalities of the event.
- Manage the catering.
- Organise decorating and clean up after the Event.
Appropriate candidates will:
1. Be well organised with a systematic approach, attention to detail and an ability to prioritise tasks.
2. Have an eye for aesthetics and take pleasure in creating and maintaining a beautiful environment. Experience in party decorating would be helpful.
3. Have training, knowledge and experience in maintaining H&S systems and procedures including risk assessment. Preferably with a Training such as: NEBOSH Certificate, IOSM Managing Safely Course, COSSH Health and Safety in the workplace Level 3 or above. or equivalent
4. Be computer literate including: Microsoft office Word, Excel and Outlook Express.
5. Be responsible, discreet, patient and willing to take a hands on approach.
6. Have experience in Housekeeping and overseeing thorough cleaning throughout the building.
7. Have the capacity to manage a team of staff including: good communication skills, confidence and experience in recruiting training others and oversee their quality of work.
8. Able to work as part of a team.
9. Preferably has a full driving license and use of own car.
How to Apply
Apply by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) including your CV and a letter briefly outlining why you are interested in the position and how your experience and personality make you suitable for it.
Applications must be in by Thursday 4th September 2014.
Suitable candidates will be invited to interview on either Wednesday 10th September or Thursday 11th September. You will also get the opportunity at this stage to have a good look around. If you have a strong preference for one or other of these dates please let us know when you apply.
The successful candidate will begin with 2 weeks training on 15th September or as soon as possible thereafter (13th October at the latest).
Any questions should be directed by email to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you!