Relaxation Centre to close in March 2015

It is with great regret that we need to inform you that from 1 April 2015 The Relaxation Centre will cease to operate from its current location in Clifton.

Our landlord requires the business to vacate the building before he puts it up for sale and since we do not have alternative premises, it is likely that – short of a miracle – this wonderful facility will close permanently.

This is doubly upsetting as it is only a year since we narrowly escaped closure just one year ago, we have since changed ownership and were lined up for refurbishment and expansion. However, circumstances have overtaken us and we are now bowing to the inevitable.

Our concern is to give our customers the opportunity to use this beautiful place before it disappears and in particular, to redeem any outstanding vouchers.

We are proud of our 21 year heritage, of the loyalty of our friends and customers and of the unique experience we have had the privilege to offer.

It has been a pleasure keeping Bristol relaxed.

Gift Vouchers:

If you are in possession of a gift voucher of any kind, please redeem it prior to 31st March 2015.

Christmas and New Year Opening Hours:

20th November – 23rd December:              Normal Opening Hours for Treatments and Spa

24th December – 2nd January 2015:          Centre Closed

3rd January – 31st March:                          Normal Opening Hours for Treatments and Spa, with amended Spa structure and prices.  Check website on 2nd January 2015 for further updates.

Closure Details:

Treatments:

Treatments will continue daily as normal, until 31st March 2015.  Prices will remain the same.

Spa:

The Spa will be open as normal until Tuesday 23rd December 2014.

From January, the Spa will be open as normal until 31st March 2015, but booking will be required and the pricing structure will be updated.  Further details will be announced on Friday 2nd January 2015.

Packages and Promotions:

The Winter Warmer promotion and all existing packages will be available, as normal until Tuesday 23rd December 2014.  Ongoing availability to be confirmed imminently.

Classes and Workshops:

All classes and workshops will proceed as planned in our Meditation Room, until 31st March 2015.  Click here for any further updates on classes and here for workshop updates.  Contact the class/workshop leader directly with any queries.

Please like & share:
26 Responses to Relaxation Centre to close in March 2015
  1. Susanna
    November 20, 2014 | 2:03 pm

Sounds like shady dealings on behalf of the new owner.
    This closure has to be stopped.

2. heather
    November 20, 2014 | 2:54 pm

A great loss – you provided a calm in the city – and a wonderful “inclusive” space to watch the stars.

3. Geri james
    November 20, 2014 | 3:59 pm

so sad came to the spa for a 50th birthday treat from my husband with my sister, thought the facilities were wonderful and such a relaxing day with a lovely massage, hope you will find another property to continue with this great place.

4. Sarah Fisher
    November 20, 2014 | 5:18 pm

I’d barely left the centre on my visit in October before I started raving about it to everyone I knew – I’m so devastated to see this! I wish you could move to Oxfordshire and set up business here!

5. Tanya
    November 20, 2014 | 5:19 pm

Please….not more student accommodation!! This is a fantastic place and it will be really missed!! Thought the new owner was keeping it as a going concern! 🙁

6. Bonnie Hewson
    November 20, 2014 | 5:32 pm

Is there anyway we cold persuade the owners to hold on long enough to allow the community to arrange a community buy out. I imagine with 21 years of heritage there would be A LOT of support to keep The Relaxation Centre functioning.

• Aida Moses
      November 22, 2014 | 12:37 pm

Bonnie, I am in full agreement with you – we cannot let the Relaxation Centre slip away like this!

7. Kate
    November 20, 2014 | 5:56 pm

So sad to hear of your closure so soon after your recent escape. It will be a sad loss to Bristol.

8. Catherine Bingham
    November 20, 2014 | 6:14 pm

Such a shame. There is no spa like it, a truly peaceful space and I’ll be sad to see it go, especially after all the hard work and investment that had been put in over the year. Shame on the landlord, Bristol is going to the dogs with these ridiculous property prices and greed.

9. Polly Gitsham
    November 20, 2014 | 8:05 pm

This is terrible news its such a special place. I also hope it wont be used for student flats! Lets stop this.

10. Vicky Salway
    November 20, 2014 | 8:56 pm

Devastating! It is such a beautiful place – which I escaped to on many occasions for spiritual and physical pampering.

11. Anne-Marie
    November 20, 2014 | 9:58 pm

Devastated! I have enjoyed some special times at the Relaxation Centre, especially with my mum and mother-in-law. I was looking forward to coming with my daughter once she’s old enough. I thought the new owner wanted to keep the Relaxation Centre as it was 🙁

12. Jane
    November 21, 2014 | 12:46 am

Nooooo! The best spa in the South West, what is the new owner thinking? The Relaxation Centre is a real sanctuary away from the stressful lives we lead. So many people rely on the benefits it provides. A very sad loss for the many people who have come to love the relaxing space created by its first owner 21 years ago.

13. Sarah
    November 21, 2014 | 1:25 am

nooooooooooooooo!

14. Sarah Sharp
    November 21, 2014 | 1:25 am

I just spent the most amazing day at the spa with my husband and this seems to have come out of the blue. It all seemed so positive that someone had taken it on with a view to continuing the most amazing venue for Bristol. I would like to know what has suddenly changed when works and money have already been spent it seems a strange thing to do. I am very sad and shed a tear.

15. natalie brown
    November 21, 2014 | 10:48 am

This news breaks my heart, the centre has been a slice of heaven when a tired body and soul needs it most, especially in the daily grind we all face. A double blow to the owners and Bristol.

16. ellie
    November 21, 2014 | 11:56 am

Why don’t you crowd source? Like kickstarter? I’m sure you have a big enough following!

17. Sarah
    November 21, 2014 | 5:45 pm

I visited you many times when I lived in Bristol, so sad for you that you have to close, such a beautiful tranquil place.

18. Wendy Bourton
    November 21, 2014 | 9:29 pm

Really sad to see this, a community ownership would be ideal

19. Ele Bell
    November 22, 2014 | 12:29 pm

This is very sad! A community buy uot is a great idea. Speak to Keith Hallett about how they managed the community share ownership scheme to save the Bristol Ferry Boat company!

20. Paul Newell
    November 23, 2014 | 6:52 pm

I agree with Bonnie. Is the landlord just wishing to sell or are they planning to re-purpose the building? If the former then it may be possible to get a consortium of like-minded folk to buy the building who are sympathetic to its current use. Count me in as one.

• RelaxAdmin
      November 25, 2014 | 2:13 pm

Yes, crowd funding is an option we have of course considered. Sadly though, it is just not viable with the amount of money we’d need to purchase the building.
      Thank you so much for your kind words.

21. chris
    November 24, 2014 | 12:02 am

This is such sad news.
    The Relaxation Centre is one of my favourite places.
    Very bad news for Bristol.

22. steve
    January 15, 2015 | 4:17 pm

Such a sad loss this will be. Used to be a regular/member for many years wen it was clothes optional but since it no longer gave people the option,iv only been to the few naturist sessions that were held there by Graham and Heather that also run the Chepstow naturist sessions every Friday at the leisure centre there. Hope to arrange a farewell party before it closes. Anyone interested contact me on 07943495839. Steve.

23. J B Ward
    April 12, 2015 | 9:39 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I was sorry to hear of The Relaxation Centre’s closure. As a purchaser of as-yet unused vouchers to the value of £40 as a gift to my son for Christmas 2014 could you please let me know how these might be redeemed or transferred. Though purchasing the vouchers just a few months ago I received no direct notification of your closure and am not a regular visitor to your website. I look forward to your advice.
    Many thanks,
    JB Ward (Dr)

• RelaxAdmin
      April 19, 2015 | 5:48 pm

Dear Dr. Ward,
      Apologies that you were not directly notified, however with strict laws in place about contacting customers that have ‘opted out’ of receiving emails/phone calls/texts etc from us, it is very difficult to get in touch with everyone! Suffice to say we did publicise it as much as possible.
      If you call our usual contact number, you will be redirected to speak to someone about your voucher.
      Many thank and all the very best, The (former) Relaxation Centre) x