Suitable For: Total newbies to massage, those with some experience or those looking (singles or pairs welcome)
When: 10am – 5.30pm, Sunday 8th February 2015
Where: The Meditation Room at The Relaxation Centre
How much: £60 per person or £115 per pair
How to Book: Call us on 0117 970 6616 or email email@example.com. This workshop is also available to purchase as a Gift Voucher.
What else? Attend the Workshop and get 20% off any Treatment!*
“We were both extremely relaxed after our massage workshop. We will certainly be carrying on this service as a regular tradition at home. The Practitioners were very natural and sensitive, we felt in good hands” Fiona and Gavin
Giving and receiving touch is one of our most basic human instincts; it’s healing, soothing, connecting and deeply relaxing, helping us to feel warm, safe and loved.
Would you like to feel more confident in offering this gift to your friends, family and partner? Or perhaps you’re considering massage as a career and would like a ‘taster’ before embarking on a more long-term course?
The one day Basic Massage Skills Workshop will highlight the principles of massage, the benefits of different massage strokes and how best to tailor them to suit the individual. Various massage techniques will be demonstrated by our own in-house Practitioners after which there will be an opportunity to practise on a partner.
Moreover, the Workshop will help you to feel more at ease in your own body, to relax, slow down, come to rest in yourself and move from that place so you can offer that ease to others.
The course covers posture, quality of touch, presence, how to connect with yourself and another in the most beneficial way and you’ll go home with techniques to play with.
Taught by our in-house Practitioners who have a rich vein of massage experience (from 4 to 25 years in practice!), their teaching style is playful, fun and informal, helping you to understand the basics of what massage is and how it can enrich your life and the lives of your friends and family.
BOOK NOW by emailling firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0117 970 6616. You can also purchase this workshop as a Gift Voucher.
Other important information:
– We will work in a chair and on the floor. If you have difficulty sitting on the floor its not a problem, you can still do the course, just let us know.
– There will be refreshment breaks throughout the day and Tea and Coffee (and other soft drinks) will be provided for you. There will not, however, be any food provided so please bring a packed lunch with you, otherwise there are local shops within walking distance.
– This Workshop will not give you an accredited qualification in massage and it is not part of professional training. It will, however, give you a great introduction to the practice, for those wishing to extend their massage and bodywork education further.
– Be aware that if you attend the workshop as a single (as opposed to with a friend, partner or family member), you will be required to practise massage techniques on another attendee and vice versa. If you have concerns about this, do let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
– *To receive your 20% discount off any Treatment, booking must be made on the day of the Workshop and you must be an attendee of the Workshop.